Sunday, April 15, 2012

No Ordinary Love


So I was going through Spotify the other night, looking for song to put me to sleep. Started listening to some John Barry (movie soundtrack composer for Dances with wolves, somewhere in time, out of africa..ect). My favorite of his has been for the movie Indecent Proposal. So I was listening to it on repeat and remembered having the soundtrack as a teenager.
I didn't get the soundtrack for John Barry though. I got it for the other songs on it. It was a cassette, half was contemporary songs, the other side was John Barry 's instrumental suite. I remember seeing a music video (back when MTV played videos) and loved the song that was in the video for the movie. I didn't know the name of the song but figured it would be on the soundtrack, it wasn't :(
Still a good album though. After seeing the movie and staying through the credits to see the song it was Sade's "No Ordinary Love". See back in those days you pretty much had to buy a whole album to get a song, not like today where you can just download the one you want. So I did, still a good album though.
Anyways, which brings us to the cover. The duo group The civil Wars have been gaining popularity, and righfully so. They mesh very well together. They have a cover of Michael Jackson's Billy Jean thats way good too.
But I came across their cover of Sade's No Ordinary Love. The original is still way better in my opinion, but its cool to get a different take. Where Sade had a sensual R&B feel to it, Civil Wars brings it to acoustic harmonies.
Not going to make my own video, just reposting the video I saw on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment